What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
We need a term that stands for, “Friend, I am not ignoring you. I am suffering a bout of depression. I will be fine & have support.
"I don’t need to talk and I appreciate that you will listen if I do. I am simply processing heavy code.
"This has nothing to do with anything tangible you can change, and will be over in a few days or weeks."
I need this word a lot.
if you want to love others
start with yourself
If you want to have sex with others, start with yourself.
If you want to fuck others, start by fucking yourself.
If you want to tell people “You have to love yourself before others can love you,” just go fuck yourself.